
I jam my jacket off
I've been searching The Nordic city, makes me sweat
I´m out didn´t find more colors but
This special headache makes me wanna quit
Wanna quit
Now it's said and done
Say goodbye to people we don't know
Go back to sleep
Lets sail away to the beaches of Normandie
Those were the lyrics from Normandie by Shout Out Louds, yet another lesser known band cause it's Indie. Nevermind that, we shall get on to the technicalities what it means to be Indie in today's world another day. Somehow, I don't see how Normandy is being used as some sort of reference in the song, but it just feels kinda nice to in a crude fashion, not give a damn about things and drift away... Which reminds me of a line from Sia's Soon We'll Be Found - 'let's not fight, I'm tired can't we just sleep tonight'.
This was basically what went through my mind while filling up the small little lists you see on the right that is typical of most teenage/personal blogs (and/or if you like). People just list down a few basic stats about themselves, say school, date of birth, favourite indulgences and a couple of seemingly trivial stuff. I shall cut to the chase - does knowing where and when the institutionalised self known as you really do you much good when considering a blog as a social employer's profile - the determinant of whether I would like to make friends with you or not? Somehow another line from Rilo Kiley's Portions for Foxes pops up in the head, 'and the talking leads to touching, and the touching leads to sex and then there is no mystery left'. On a less extroverted perspective, how exactly does a listing of institutionalisation contribute to you as you know yourself? It is more or less accepted that your experiences and feelings shapes who you turn out to be, but if getting churned out from an institution means you are able to relate to others from the same pot of pie how then is someone able to make friends outside this field of interaction? I can see how this notion is getting flawed i.e. I don't play the piano and you do for example, we don't very much speak in that sense when it comes to conversation topics but it doesn't end there for I would not know how gory it would be to practise long periods of pure scales.
I think I'm starting to sound like Jeremy Clarkson when asked to comment on why he would not run for Prime Minister: he claims that he contradicts himself much too often and would be very much rubbish in the very notion itself.
I recall 3 different incidents whereby people have commented on how much I have changed from the person they once knew to someone else. The first one found me to be much more silenced and less vocal. The second says I'm sincerely misanthropic and the last, well I can't recall the last right now, must be the onset of sleepiness. There used to be a saying that humans sleep at night due to the general lack of oxygen and gain in carbon dioxide gass past non-sunlight hours and I am not too sure how true it is. I've been watching 20th Century Battlefields recently presented by Peter and Dan Snow, the plethora of lossy footage of artillery fire and corpses seemed to have brushed past me as immune. 'Air strike' and 'shelling' just don't seem to make the cut anymore to draw up any strong notions of suffering and bloodshed. That was until I saw this photograph on the International Herald Tribune of the Russian-Georgia conflict:
I guess this is as real as it gets considering how far away I am from the heat of the battle but it sure did send down that forceful dosage of butterflies and chill down the gut and spine.
While trying to psyche myself into being contented I recall what Oppenheimer said after the first successful atomic bomb test, 'and we're all now evil sons of a b****',
It seems that life is a beach might be what Normandie was trying to get at after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Categories
- Blast from the Past (2)
- Handy Dandy (1)
- Happy New Year (1)
- Indie Music Spotlight (4)
- Let's Suppose (1)
- Looking Forward To (2)
- Lovely Surprises (1)
- One Liners (9)
- Random Rubbish (41)
- Rant (26)
- Speculations About the Universal Law of the French Toast (14)
- This Just Doesn't Quite Seem To Fit Here (1)
Text
Spends most of the time feeding characters into this blog from a Lycosa, it tries to avoid Americanisation amidst the guise of globalisation. It believes in Santa Claus despite knowing it to be an illusion - more truthful than that of religion.
It is miserable and is known to be misanthropic.
1 comments:
HEY. i know this band too! surprisingly. :D
really, you'll LOVE the philo class that im in now. you're MADE for it. maybe you can like take up philo classes before you enlist.
Post a Comment