It's been a long time since I last listened to Nouvelle Vague which would bring me to a trip down to the bookshop which I would talk about later. Now for other news:
Nvidia has recently announced the release of the FX3700M notebook workstation class graphics card albeit supporting the 17" platform but I'm thinking Macbook Pro with an additional battery pack resulting in a hot-swapping kind of system running the Quadro - now that would be a killer. What's Apple thinking these days with the once infamously rubbish ATi X1600 underclocked
on the 15"?
Listening to Nouvelle Vague reminds me of the countless hours spent at the old tree house especially that evening I went under the shadowy guise of moonlight to get my copy of The Dangerous Book for Boys. Mr. Cat a.k.a. Cake (pictured above at an earlier date) has grown a lot bigger when I dropped by today to check out what's new at the store since I haven't been there for a lot of months already. Dear observant Reader, if you haven't already noticed, there's yet another list added called 'Reserved Reads' - the two William Poundstone books were a result of today's trip. 
Aunty Karen and Uncle Kenny have also gotten their hands on Kodak Instantmatics featured in Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (above) and oh yes, Uncle Kenny also landed his magical touch on vintage soft drink glasses once so prevalent at roadside stores. I was much inspired to dabble with McDonalds for lunch as a result of Aunty Karen's daily diet of Macs in the earlier part of the day and a free Coca Cola Olympic glass. Which reminds me, grandma's old shophouse place used to have these glasses too. Then I had a hot water shower in the afternoon (you must be thinking I'm insane) and it reminded me of waking up in the morning at a hotel in a foreign land - that unmistakable sensation of both pain and thrill. I assume that's one of the mildest form of being psychotic.
In A Manner of Speaking, a cover of the original by Tuxedomoon is currently playing which nicely brings me to the disaster of assembly this morning. A couple (as in a guy and a girl, no more) and another guy went on the podium to give a small speech on being awarded a bond by a prestigious pseudo governmental organisation. The content of the speech was essentially of gratitude to the school and the school community providing them with a conducive schooling environment ending off with a message of pressing on and appreciating current social activities in school.
Being a remnant member of a non-existent society, I find it hard to sit (stand) through the whole thing. I don't find myself aligned with what was being broadcasted over the population having been through it all (at least most of it). I was almost a nervous breakdown looking up to a highly regarded threesome looking down at a what-am-I-doing-here-still pathetic me. But a few things said to me helped pulled me out of that stasis lock during the course of the day:
Psychiatrist: Remember the reasons for what you're doing.
Mrs. Albar: Don't let these kind of things get you down.
Alan Fletcher: If your mind is too open, people can throw all sorts of rubbish into it.
My Own Voice (Not the voices I hear inside my head from the conflicting loggerheads): I question the people who do the recognition and would I like to in their position(s) right now - prestige, fame, reputation? Evidently no.
That about ends the dreadful morning with me finishing up a disastrous re-test on Vectors and watching the couple hire a cab leaving. I'm picture myself being able to drive next week and listening my concocted CDs for road trips while flicking the steering wheel controls changing tracks. Thus, I shall strive to perfect tomorrow's second last revision lesson. Normally this should end with a Japanese cry of encouragement/victory but that's so not like me. Therefore, I present you - Brtsqindeba!
The last word can be translated into 'it shines brightly' in Georgian and in the past month has turned into word of the year such that frequent sporadic random outbursts can be heard in class to the bewilderment of others. For those of us who knows what it means - it's such a cool sounding word. And this has nothing to do with the recent Georgian-Russian conflict, it all started when we started sprawling over the anthem on youtube.
Finally, I went down to the local bike shop and fortunately the root of the problem was down to the gear cassette dying out soon which would cause about 20 quid for a standard Shimano replacement. A deraileur problem and I might have to think twice about attending Camera Obscura's concert or resort to manipulative begging or other more viable means like an empty stomach. The lifespan of a cassette averages at around a year, with the original being part of the Shimano STX component set, I guess the replacement must have been long overdue since 1996.
Hmm, I'm thinking of Burger King for dinner tomorrow. I guess a once in a blue moon indulgence in go-with-the-flow American fast food won't hurt despite my anti-Americanisation sentiments, and yes Burger King burgers actually taste good. I remember going down to a nearby outlet just to grab a bite after Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) asked for one in the movie. Labels: Random Rubbish, Rant
2 comments:
seriously i think you'll really enjoy the modules that im taking at university now. philosophy lit and political science especially. i would be very interested on the topic about books if not for the many reading assignments. :(
a cat! i've always wanted one! and GREY TOO! my favourite colour. i'd love to drop by the bookshop too but fear feeling out-of-place awkward. tell me when you visit the next time? (:
i cant wait for camera obscura! and yes yes i'll transfer the money soon.
and aww. what a nice picture of a bunny cloud.
rabbits make me sad. :(
Post a Comment