And yes, while doing my usual 'reading assignments' and 'cat time' at the bookshop, a strange package from Penguin UK arrived via DHL (it would be good to not that as of now, DHL does not carry packages to and from the US anymore). Removing the plastic DHL plastic wrap was a nice big huge inner-bubble-wrapped envelope and could contain something like 3 to 5 books depending on how crammed you want the books to look like sardines.
Mr. Bookseller had absolutely no idea what it was other than the evidently obvious Penguin insignia as he did not know of any shipments that were arriving today - so yes, I get to open it. Now why would I ever hate the book business when I keep getting stuff to un-box...
Okies, bombshell - it was a copy of Fifty Penguin Years. Yes, not just any copy but the non-ebay-existent Fifty Penguin Years and it was a personal copy of a certain Yvonne Francis in charge of International Sales from Penguin. Of course Mr. Bookseller gets to do the celebratory antics while I bask in that little moment of holy aura (I would like to say Zen but that would be too Jon Stewart/Daily Show-ish).
I woke up this morning to a warm blurry glow from the window - kinda like those crossing over scenes of Ghost Whisperer where you see a light that's so bright yet so comforting. What a disappointment when the horrid realisation came that it was not for me.
As you can see, there is no picture of the book because there isn't really any left on it online like most internet trade as information on out of stock/print items gets wiped off as quickly as they were posted. I'll try to get a snap of the book cover when I go back to the shop in a while later. No promises though. Some new songs were added to the music box, do check them out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Categories
- Blast from the Past (2)
- Handy Dandy (1)
- Happy New Year (1)
- Indie Music Spotlight (4)
- Let's Suppose (1)
- Looking Forward To (2)
- Lovely Surprises (1)
- One Liners (9)
- Random Rubbish (41)
- Rant (26)
- Speculations About the Universal Law of the French Toast (14)
- This Just Doesn't Quite Seem To Fit Here (1)
Text
Spends most of the time feeding characters into this blog from a Lycosa, it tries to avoid Americanisation amidst the guise of globalisation. It believes in Santa Claus despite knowing it to be an illusion - more truthful than that of religion.
It is miserable and is known to be misanthropic.
0 comments:
Post a Comment