Superstitions & Boomslangs

16:52 / /

On a lumberingly new Scania, I'm on my way to collect a pair of speakers. How it all happened was due to a sudden urge to possess bragging rights (no, not really), feeling unique and being in control.

For the more alert of you Readers, you might have noticed the removal of the Boomslang from the stockpile list yesterday which was done unannounced. The Razer Boomslang was the critically acclaimed legend of 1999 when gaming mice (I would prefer the terminology of precision handheld x-y tracking devices) was started to be taken seriously as a result. In 2007, the company brought back the Boomslang in the form of the classis chassis coupled with the same 1800 dpi sensor of the Deathadder and onboard profile memory. It was release in a limited rollout of 10000 and no more. With 2007 being a momentous year and yesterday being a similarly momentous day a hunt began and I managed to acquire the service of one of these rodents, which unfortunately turn out to no less than a disaster.



While I had the privilege of having owned a 1318 out of the 10000 Boomslangs produced, the above symptoms were observed and in addition, the left side button was much more sunken into the body than the right side which is kind of a messed up experience when put in service. I had no choice but to turn in back to the shop which of course could not do an exchange - it's Limited Edition for a reason. With a no refund policy and over a 100 quid worth of exchange that can be made, I decided to have my pick. The Lachesis/Exact Mat didn't seem right firstly because it didn't have a mac driver and I would like it to go with the Destructor Mat which comes along with a neat carrying case which they didn't have and that would mean I would have to retire the services of my current Goliathus and Deathadder. That is totally pointless. Having craved for a better speaker system , I decided to look out for the Creative Gigaworks T20 which was originally part of the selected group of candidates (which obviously included the Razer Mako) proved to be bang for the buck performance for a highly sophisticated 2.0 system with powerful built-in bass support and being made up of two satellites makes it almost too good to be true due to space constraints and opposed to the Mako. However, the Mako was decided upon as it was THX designed and certified. Ok fine, so 600 quid isn't really what I can pay for at the moment so I would have to settle with less (this already sounds like the flawed selection of the replacement jets for a certain country's airforce with the F15 in favour despite all-rounded superiority of the Euro. Typhoon). Anyways the speakers sound good (a lot better than the ones it was replacing) though not cinematic when playing the THX Amazing Life trailer.

As for supersitions, it has to do with the Mazda RX-8. Yes, the RX-8 you didn't hear wrong for it has become my adopted Saint of the Good Day (you can call it a household god but in this case road side goddess if you want). Every time I see one on the road side it feels as though the day will get better thought I'm not sure the effects are everlasting and should end at 12 midnight. There was this one occasion whereby I saw up to 3 cars consecutive and on another day, 4 sightings! Okies, my day didn't exactly turn out the best (like winning lottery? Oops, I don't even buy those damn tickets to begin with.). Perhaps they're part of this group of elite petrol head initiation scouting team - not seeing one on the day of the driving test meant my chances were slim. Very. This only occurred to be when a sighting of a white one was made today.

If we sleep together would you really be my friend? A line from the song Familia by Mirah. That seems to be how things get moving in promiscuous society not already - not that porn is not already rampantly circulating over the Internet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Text

Spends most of the time feeding characters into this blog from a Lycosa, it tries to avoid Americanisation amidst the guise of globalisation.  It believes in Santa Claus despite knowing it to be an illusion - more truthful than that of religion.

It is miserable and is known to be misanthropic.

About me

Text